Sundown Audio

Accordman Got A Sh!tty ? For You Not Trying To Be A D!ck. Its About The Sax-100.2

ISO

honestly though, you dont need your midbass starting at 55 or 60.....75 is plenty low. I would have my subs at 80 and down and set your mids and highs 75 and up...

I see your piont. When I do a system for myself my goal is to be able to do a 3 way setup to give the full spectrum of sound with minimal subwoofer levels.

To a point the subs should be transparent. Possibly more physicaly felt and not overbareing like all of use bassheads like.

The subs should be more of a reinforcement situation.

For SQ a person should expect a full spectrum of sound equally balanced.

When I buy my highend mids and tweets they are desiged to work with 6 DB crossovers so they can perform more of the frequency spectrum per speaker.

Possibly for a more natual sound.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

ya, no shit ^^^

you asked a question and i answered very quickly. The smart ass sundown "rep" is the one who ruined your thread when he could have just answered your question instead.

Sorry

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

ya know... passive crossovers are easy and cheap to build.... just a thought if yoou already know what you want to do :D

Thanks I have been planning on that as a last resort.

Terryswork001.png

Man, you guys are something with your popcorn and f5.... anyone got some butter

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

honestly though, you dont need your midbass starting at 55 or 60.....75 is plenty low. I would have my subs at 80 and down and set your mids and highs 75 and up...

I just feel a SQ setup should beable to play a very large spectrum of frequencies with minimal subwoofer ablity.

Terryswork001.png

*passes tha butter to banginAltima*

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

This isn't highend but since I have used Kicker for so long here we go

The Kicker SS-series 8 inch midbass has a frequncy of 30 to 500 hertz.

WHY would you not take advantage of the frequency response of the midbass?

If this midbass can go as low as 30 hertz why not run it at 50 hertz and up as long as it didn't cuase some funny peak in response in conjunction with the sub.

Terryswork001.png

Now I'm off topic. LOL LOL

Terryswork001.png

Archived