Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass help!!!


kmb504

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive got an ab vfl8 that I want to build a 4th order for. Does anyone know the recommended airspace for a sealed box and the cone surface area for this sub? Im putting it in my malibu, so I was wondering if I could make my port like the chevy bowtie, or would that affect my tuning?

Posted

Cone area is 201.2 sq cm.

Getting that sub to sound decent in a 4th order bandpass is going to be much more difficult that getting it to sound good in a regular ported box. If you thought designing a ported box for this thing was tough, this will bring the difficulty to a whole new level.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Thats not what I wanted to hear lol

I planned on doing a 2:1 ported to sealed. I heard that if you half your cone area, that should be your port area, or did I hear wrong?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 485 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...