sinful7 Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 Just curious guys as most if not all my past systems were ported and obviously much larger. Well I am building a fiberglass enclosure fora 97 viper and am going with a dayton 12" HO sub.. If my math serves me correct after sub displacement I will have roughly .75-.76 cubes the sub will be using. Sealed of course.. Knowing little of these subs other than everyone saying they are a heck of a sub for the price, I dont know if this enclosure will really do it justice??? I am set on keeping my setup small and sealed. I will also be powering it off an Alpine V9 amp which the birthsheet said on the sub channel 598w RMS. its not really the power i am questioning but the airspace this sub will get. Can anyone give me advice on these things sealed? I hear all over ported this and ported that, but not much sealed. I also plan to stuff the box with roughly 1 pound of polyfill. Any advise rather than search Cause I have..
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 Those are good subs for the money. I haven't used that exact sub, but I've used its 15" bigger brother and was very impressed at its quality. Those subs should work well in sealed boxes and .75 cu ft is a reasonable volume for one. Ideally you would be closer to 1 cu ft, but you should be fine at .75. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.