Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Where to get a 8" Bassport/flare?


SantaClaw

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've recently ordered myself a massively huge 15000w rms 15" sub-woofer, and the manufacturer recommends a 8" x 8" bass port:

nlQg121D.png

http://ground-zero-audio.com/de/produkte/subwooferchassis/gzpw-15splextreme.html

I have searched high, low and all over, is there no other alternative than to take a 8" PVC sewer pipe, and heat/melt the end to make a flare?

I wonder If I could try two 6" ports in stead, but I'm not to sure what length I should use.

I have ordered a 3m x 1.8m 19mm MDF board for the box, and some 2" x 4" for stiffening, recommended box size 120 liters, + the 28.5 liters the woofer chassis takes up, so roughly 150 liters. It's gonna be a custom made to fit in my GMC sierra crew cab, I have no rear seats in it, so it will be put in the passenger side, and I'll use the factory seat mounts to secure it to the floor.

I'm planing on using double layer of 19mm mdf in the front & back of the box, 2"x4" as stiffeners/bracing, and a 8" tube/port, if that's practically impossible, I'm gonna use two 6" tubes in stead.

- 2003 GMC Sierra 6.6 Duramax Extended Cab, Long bed - DC Power XP270a alternator - 2x Stinger SPP1500DC - 1x Stinger SPP1200 - 2x Stinger 10farad caps - Lanzar Optidrive 7001D 7000wRMS @ 0.5Ohm - Infinity kappa perfect 6.5" front - Infinity Kappa perfect 4x5" rear - Alpine MRX-F65 4 channel amp - kenwood DNN9230dab Head Unit - 2x Vibe Black Death 15" (2500w RMS - 7000w max) soon to be replaced by 1x 15000w rms Ground Zero Plutonium GZPW 15SPL - Extreme - 15"

Posted

You can use 8" concrete form tube for the port. To get a flare you can glue a MDF "donut" on the ends of the tube and then roundover the inside and outside edges with a router. That's how I do it and it works well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

You can use 8" concrete form tube for the port. To get a flare you can glue a MDF "donut" on the ends of the tube and then roundover the inside and outside edges with a router. That's how I do it and it works well.

Sounds like a plan :)

- 2003 GMC Sierra 6.6 Duramax Extended Cab, Long bed - DC Power XP270a alternator - 2x Stinger SPP1500DC - 1x Stinger SPP1200 - 2x Stinger 10farad caps - Lanzar Optidrive 7001D 7000wRMS @ 0.5Ohm - Infinity kappa perfect 6.5" front - Infinity Kappa perfect 4x5" rear - Alpine MRX-F65 4 channel amp - kenwood DNN9230dab Head Unit - 2x Vibe Black Death 15" (2500w RMS - 7000w max) soon to be replaced by 1x 15000w rms Ground Zero Plutonium GZPW 15SPL - Extreme - 15"

Posted

So, I found a place that sell 8" bassports & tube !!!

http://www.gfk-service.de/gfk-service-onlineshop/

- 2003 GMC Sierra 6.6 Duramax Extended Cab, Long bed - DC Power XP270a alternator - 2x Stinger SPP1500DC - 1x Stinger SPP1200 - 2x Stinger 10farad caps - Lanzar Optidrive 7001D 7000wRMS @ 0.5Ohm - Infinity kappa perfect 6.5" front - Infinity Kappa perfect 4x5" rear - Alpine MRX-F65 4 channel amp - kenwood DNN9230dab Head Unit - 2x Vibe Black Death 15" (2500w RMS - 7000w max) soon to be replaced by 1x 15000w rms Ground Zero Plutonium GZPW 15SPL - Extreme - 15"

Posted

If this is what your asking for..... read up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196068-large-aero-ports/

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9797 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...