Ok guys, yes I am making another thread!

I happen to find these pics when I was looking from something else-doesn't it always happen that way.

I was 23 yrs old, fresh out of school, by age 24 I was making $17.51/hr which with inflation...that's equivalent to $25.92/hr today.

That awesome because I was making $6.50 as a CNA while I was in school.

Anyway, the first 3 things I did was move out and buy these things.......Please no ball busting. I paid for the ski and system. I kept the truck to build my credit like Boom50cal. Lets all move forward shall we.

outofschool%20001_zpsuoasxtbi.jpg

The point of this thread is this. This was my first REAL INSTALL. I remember walking into Sound Advice on Fowler Ave.

The guy at the counter, I forget his name, he was a snob/dick to me because I kept walking in there messing with the stereos....

waiting for the graduation day to arrive. At $6.50 an hour, you could imagine how I must have looked. lol.

I walked in with my credit card and bought everything new. Like I said, I thought I was a baller, just turning 24.

I enjoyed the look on his face. Redemption MF'er!!! lol.

2 Kicker Competition C12A's 8 Ohm.

MTX 240

MTX 280 later upgraded to the 2160

MTX LSX1 Crossover

Boston Acoustics RC61 Components

Monster Cable 4G wiring kit

Monster Cable XLN RCAs.

Kenwood CD Player

JVC RF Modular 6 Disc Changer

In that small space, that system rocked, especially when I upgraded to the 2160!

outofschool%20002_zps3u7ojaud.jpg

outofschool%20003_zpsagsccwb7.jpg

People kept asking me if Tampa Bay Audio Sound, Mild to Wild, or The Audio Itch built the boxand plexi amp rack?

Nope, built it myself. I was so new to box building I actually ran out of MDF, to make 1 panel span complete, so

I used a remnant piece to complete the span. So one side had more volume. lol. Kept this truck for 12 yrs! The truck went through

3 system, the last being a blow through.

These photos brought back memories. So I thought I would share.

So, what was your first true, "Install"? The one that was complete. Do you have a pic of it? Post it up!

-Frank

Archived