Second Skin Audio

Help with Stratos v2 18s

LemonyGuy

Im wanting a good daily box for 2 strato v2 18s. I just need to know roughly how big a box they need, they say 6ft^3 on ct sounds but that sounds a little small. I really want a nice freq response that can hit lower notes. I was thinking 32hz was a good goal to tune too. If you guys think i need to tune a little lower lemme know. I have the space I just need to know what suze box i need. I got d4 coils.

6 cubes net per sub at 32 Hz looks pretty reasonable to me. If you go any bigger you are going to get a more peaky frequency response.

What amp are you going to use?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

An older American bass xd3000, should be good for 2500 watts.

Sounds good. I'd shoot for ~150 sq in of port.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

I was think closer to 200, maybe 190. I was going to shoot for 13 before subs. I'm ganna work out a design and post it up so I can get that valuable second opinion.

Yeah if you want to run more port area it certainly won't hurt. People are usually tight on space so my 150 recommendation was more of a minimum amount to prevent port noise or compression.

Builds:

I was think closer to 200, maybe 190. I was going to shoot for 13 before subs. I'm ganna work out a design and post it up so I can get that valuable second opinion.

Yeah if you want to run more port area it certainly won't hurt. People are usually tight on space so my 150 recommendation was more of a minimum amount to prevent port noise or compression.

Yea, I've got more than enough room. For tuning this low I need a long port, I was thinking going partially external with my port rather than make it curved on the inside. Main reason for not wanting ti do anything fancy inside is cause I want to put the port between the 2 woofers.

Archived