i was riding the other day and had my stereo up enough to shake my windows. well i stopped to get money outta the atm then the strangest thing happened when i turned the car off... the bass got louder and stronger! i had to turn it down a tad because it actually was hurting my ears. WTF? so to test to make sure i didnt just hit the volume and didnt notice i turned it back up to where it hurt then turned the car on and it was still loud as hell just not painfully so. i have a duralast gold 800amp batt up front, optima red in back, 2 gauge power and grounds, stock alt(55 amps ) us amps400, esx q404, and fi ssd 12's. i know the alt is small but has anyone noticed something like this before, anybody have an idea whats going on?

i was riding the other day and had my stereo up enough to shake my windows. well i stopped to get money outta the atm then the strangest thing happened when i turned the car off... the bass got louder and stronger! i had to turn it down a tad because it actually was hurting my ears. WTF? so to test to make sure i didnt just hit the volume and didnt notice i turned it back up to where it hurt then turned the car on and it was still loud as hell just not painfully so. i have a duralast gold 800amp batt up front, optima red in back, 2 gauge power and grounds, stock alt(55 amps ) us amps400, esx q404, and fi ssd 12's. i know the alt is small but has anyone noticed something like this before, anybody have an idea whats going on?

I'm not sure but I think I read a topic similar to this somewhere else. I think the reasoning behind it was the fact that when you turn off the car nothing else is running beside the stereo so now the stereo has all the power. Maybe it was some type of test or something but eventually as the battery went down the car wasn't as louder.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

I'm not sure but I think I read a topic similar to this somewhere else. I think the reasoning behind it was the fact that when you turn off the car nothing else is running beside the stereo so now the stereo has all the power. Maybe it was some type of test or something but eventually as the battery went down the car wasn't as louder.

hmm that makes sense, guess i better save up for bigger alt.

Archived