JakeHarling Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 To anyone that is welcome to help me, Thanks in advance. Im really good with metal fab, wood working, etc. Im not good with designing enclosures, but I have built boxes for people that already had specs for a box. I have a 2002 Tacoma Double Cab, Ive had multiple systems just not what I have been wanting. Truck already has 4 batteries and a High output alternator. 1 of the batteries is hooked up to the truck for factory electrical, another is for my numerous light bars, the other 2 is for the system. I still have one of my amps left and it is a Pioneer Champion series Gm-D9601 if im not mistaken. Its the 2400, I know it should be 1200rms at 1 ohm but Ive heard its underrated. I don't have to use this amp. But Im looking for basically a good budget build. I want 2 15s but I could also do 4 12s. Im looking for others peoples opinions and their help. Its always better to ask for help when confused. The room I have for external measurements with a little room to spare to be safe so I don't have to be squeezing for space. 48 inches wide, 36 inches tall, and 24 inches deep. The 48 inches is from door to door with room to spare, the 36 inches is from my floor to roof with about 7 inches to spare, the 24 Inches is behind the front seats to the back of the cab. I can go to like 28 but I like to lean my seat back so I want to stick with 24. Ideas on a system? Using the amp I got? or a new one? I would like to stay around a $1000 or cheaper. I like really low bass. I guess like 30-35 hertz I think? I don't know. Again thanks for any help what so ever.
ChuckStakes Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 I think the budget would be biggest limiting factor. You have the room to really do either setup. But I'm thinking getting new subs AND a new amp might pu you over that. Since you like low bass maybe the 15s would be best though. What about selling your amp and getting a bigger amp and 2 15s. Or see if you can get another identical amp and putting one to each 15. You have the electrical so now on to the fun parts lol. If it were me than I would see if I could snag another pioneer amp. 1200+ to each 15 would be decent . And it seems those amps are still available. Then you have to decide what type of enclosure you want. You have more than enough room for a standard ported box for 2 15s. Maybe two of those amps on two sundown 15s The SAs would do well and keep you well under budget. I know they're only rated at 600w a piece but I guarantee they can handle 1200+. Hope this helps
JakeHarling Posted April 13, 2015 Author Report Posted April 13, 2015 It helps thanks for your input. I didn't think about running sa's. DO you know anything about Massive Audio if they are any count? I heard sumos. but Ive also looked at the GTX15 they say 700rms. But I don't know.
ChuckStakes Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 I do not have much experience with massive audio. I've seen a lot of people run their amps but not the subs. The biggest complaint I hear with sundown is they have become "common." But I don't care that just means they are good. I have a buddy we put 1 SA8v2 in his jeep on. 1200w Rockford amp and it handles it all day. Probably can handle more. And since you have so much room you could give them airspace that will make shake your vehicle. I would say you could research the massives. But I guarantee for the output the su downs would be hard to match. $200-300 for new amp. $250 a sub. You can't go wrong. Unless you want something that's not seen as often. But trust me there's a reason sundown is so popular. If you boost your budget a little you could do two ID IDMAX15 plus another amp. I heard those are fantastic. The problem is there are so many choices you really can't go wrong these days. But I think you're right with those Pioneer amps they are built well. Just my 2 cents.
RainStryke Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 I'm a big fan of SoundQubed, i'd suggest getting a bigger amplifier like the 2200.2D and a pair of HDC 3.0 subs. http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC-30_c_13.html
ChuckStakes Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 That would be good too. Soundqubed makes some good shit. You could stay pretty much within budget and maybe sell that pioneer amp to get some money back.
islandpride684 Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 It helps thanks for your input. I didn't think about running sa's. DO you know anything about Massive Audio if they are any count? I heard sumos. but Ive also looked at the GTX15 they say 700rms. But I don't know. I say go for it and try them out, we can recommend you brands all day, but it all comes down to you... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.