Second Skin Audio

X15 box help!

MrSevs

I recently bought a Sundown X15 D2. I know Sundown says that the most optimal enclosure for this sub is 4.25 cubic feet; tuned to 32hz but will this apply to me if I am pushing it with a saz2000d? I want the most optimal performance out of this sub with the power I have pushing it. Any and all help is appreciated.

My mate had an x15 in a 4.5 cube box and it sounded awesome. He ran it off a saz3500 @ 2 ohm (2000rms). Truth is you won't be getting the full 2000rms from that amp due to rise and stuff so with that power wouldn't worry much about the size

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

So I'll be fine with Sundowns specs? One more thing... whats your thoughts on a fourth order for this sub? Do you think I'll get better over all sound out of it?

So I'll be fine with Sundowns specs? One more thing... whats your thoughts on a fourth order for this sub? Do you think I'll get better over all sound out of it?

When you say "fourth order" I assume you mean a fourth order band pass. Ported boxes are fourth order designs as well.

99% of the only thing a band pass box does better than a ported box is take up more space. If you are focused on performance stick to a well designed and build ported box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ported will be better for overall loudness. But sound quality wise 4th orders are hard to beat. So it all goes down to personal preference.

And yes the sundown specs will be fine

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Nice! I'll definitely try this out. I'm sure I'll have to mess with placement but my hopes are to face towards the front of the car and build a false wall and seal it off.

Archived