Second Skin Audio

X15 box help!

MrSevs

Yah facing forward sealed off will yield the best results. Also make sure you brace the box. Forgot to put that in the sketch.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

• 3 months later...

This post is a little old but how did this box work out for you? I just got my x15 and needed box specs on one

It worked out great! I didn't get around to sealing it off due to trading the X for 2 SA15's. But over all this was a great design CJ Kumz gave me.

Great. I built the enclosure that was on sundowns website and it sounded like garbage so I contacted them and said that the enclosure was wrong cause the guy who does their website hasn't updated it. And the new enclosure specs he gave me comes out to 5.6 cubes and I see the sub calls for 4.25 so they had me confused a bit. And I'm building a new box tomorrow so I've been looking for specs all day. Room isn't a issue for me cause I have a yukon

Great. I built the enclosure that was on sundowns website and it sounded like garbage so I contacted them and said that the enclosure was wrong cause the guy who does their website hasn't updated it. And the new enclosure specs he gave me comes out to 5.6 cubes and I see the sub calls for 4.25 so they had me confused a bit. And I'm building a new box tomorrow so I've been looking for specs all day. Room isn't a issue for me cause I have a yukon

I may be wrong but I would think that sub up / port back would work best in a SUV. Maybe try this design and just face the sub up. And definitely double baffle it and brace the inside with 1 inch dowels... if not there will be a lot of box flex.

Appreciate the help. I know absolutely nothing about sub enclosures. I've been told sub up and port up is the best route. Due to me having my hatch up a lot at truck shows letting it beat. Just searching for the route best for having it be the loudest but still clean. The way the box is now with the back hatch opened it sounds like garbage from the back. And the bass does not travel at all

Appreciate the help. I know absolutely nothing about sub enclosures. I've been told sub up and port up is the best route. Due to me having my hatch up a lot at truck shows letting it beat. Just searching for the route best for having it be the loudest but still clean. The way the box is now with the back hatch opened it sounds like garbage from the back. And the bass does not travel at all

it could also have a lot to do with your current enclosure. these guys on this forum are beyond helpful and will help you in any way they can as they have helped me. i have built so many boxes recently, trying to get a fill for what works best its crazy. but the more i build the more i get to know about what works best with my set up and car. not all cars have the same acoustic response.

Also unless my math is incorrect that box design is a tad over 6 cubes and not 4.2. This stuff is getting confusing

i recommend downloading windisd and torres box calculator. those will definitely help you. dont forget to account for sub and bracing displacement.

Archived