Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown X15 or 2 SA15's?


MrSevs

Recommended Posts

Posted

If upgrading electrical and amp is too much right now. Grab that other x-15 and build a box designed for more power. So later on when you have that extra cash to put into more or bigger wire, and a bit of a bigger amp. You'll be full ready for it. I cheaped out on my subs because they where cheap. I so wish now I had saved up just a tad bit more to have something able to take more power down the line.

This is actually not a bad idea. I'm sure a box with 4.5 - 5 cubes per sub would be efficient enough for the subs too sound good

Then I suppose I will start looking into a box design to house 2 X15'S.

Posted

X's are meant for lows. not spl

And dayummmmm that sub gets low! But for whatever reason this shop owner swears by those SA15's and how much I will love them.

Posted

Just keep in mind that you have to build another box after upgrading you amp and electrical.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Just keep in mind that you have to build another box after upgrading you amp and electrical.

Yeah, most definitely!

Posted

Any ideas who can help me with a box design for 2 X15's with the power I have now?

Posted

I'm a little busy right now but I can sketch you up a design later on. You still wanna go with the 32hz tuning?? Another measurement you will need is the boot opening to make sure the box isn't too wide to get in

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

I'm a little busy right now but I can sketch you up a design later on. You still wanna go with the 32hz tuning?? Another measurement you will need is the boot opening to make sure the box isn't too wide to get in

I appreciate that!!! Yeah, I like what this sub does with that tuning. Okay... I will try to get measurements asap.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2107 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...