Second Skin Audio

Sundown X15 or 2 SA15's?

MrSevs

I recently bought 1 Sundown X15 D2 thats being powered by a SAZ2000D. The sub is in a box that's 4.2 cubes and tuned at 32Hz. While I love the low end it provides, the place I bought it from keeps telling me that I would be happier with 2 SA15's due to the SPL that I would get. My vehicle is a 2013 Hyundai Azera. Does anyone have any input on this?

Well I'm going to agree with the place you bought it from. Two SA-15s will be significantly more efficient than a single X-15. Also a SAZ2000D would be a reasonable amp to power them as well.

The question is do you have enough room to give two SA-15s a proper enclosure? I'm not familiar with your vehicle.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Joe X... they told me that I would love the low end that it provides but the owner kept insisting and still insists that I would be more pleased with the SA15's long term.

Dude, if you have the room, just buy another X-15 lol

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Based on the dimensions you listed you should easily have enough room for two 15"s, either two SA-15 or two X-15.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Joe X... they told me that I would love the low end that it provides but the owner kept insisting and still insists that I would be more pleased with the SA15's long term.

You chose wrong then I guess, as said you can fit either options with the dims listed and other 15" subs as well, if you get two X though you would need to upgrade amplification and electrical, check that wallet, SA series are really succesful subs and I am pretty sure would be a good option if you want to stay on budget. BTW awesome trunk space.

You have enough room as everyone says. The issue will be your budget as stated above. You will have to upgrade almost everything. But if money ain't an issue get another x15 and another 2000d, then upgrade you electrical.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived