Sonic Electronix

This is my first post so I apologize in advance if it is done wrong. My question......I have 4 10" MTX 4500's (single voice coil 4ohm) and am wondering if a Punch 100 DSM would be enough power until I could get a different amp. Any info would be greatly appreciated, and I would like to thank Steve and everyone else for this site it has already helped me a ton and will even more in the future.

Thanks,

Brent

This is my first post so I apologize in advance if it is done wrong. My question......I have 4 10" MTX 4500's (single voice coil 4ohm) and am wondering if a Punch 100 DSM would be enough power until I could get a different amp. Any info would be greatly appreciated, and I would like to thank Steve and everyone else for this site it has already helped me a ton and will even more in the future.

Thanks,

Brent

you talking about the black 100 DSM? if so it should push the MTX's cool. Esecially if you bridge it at 4 ohm.

Thanks,

Brent

Yes it's the somewhat oval one....mid to late 90's. So how would I run all four at 4 ohms? Now if I run them in a series that will drop it to 1 ohm right? Thank you very much for the help.

Yes it's the somewhat oval one....mid to late 90's. So how would I run all four at 4 ohms? Now if I run them in a series that will drop it to 1 ohm right? Thank you very much for the help.

Thats a cool amp. I still got some the oval ends are covers right?

anyways. youd wire two woofers together in Series and the other two togehter in Series. Then wire them together in parellel. Not good in diagrams but, I'm sure someone on here is.

Thats a cool amp. I still got some the oval ends are covers right?

anyways. youd wire two woofers together in Series and the other two togehter in Series. Then wire them together in parellel. Not good in diagrams but, I'm sure someone on here is.

Yeah the ends are the covers. No I understand what you are saying, thats's awesome thank you for the input. Do you know how many watts that amp is rated at? if not no biggie I was just kinda curious. Thanks again man!

Yeah the ends are the covers. No I understand what you are saying, thats's awesome thank you for the input. Do you know how many watts that amp is rated at? if not no biggie I was just kinda curious. Thanks again man!

Man thats old school RF so they are underated. Now I think about it RF still underates there amps. I guess it wouldn't be underating more of what it can put out RMS all day at 12 volts.

If I remeber that amp can probably put out close to 500 watts. I might be wrong. I own 2 60ix. I use to have the 100 and the 200 DSM. Both clean powerful amps. Just by todays standards that 8 gauge input ain't cutting it. I'd run at least a 4 gauge wire from the battery back fused 12-15" behind the battery and fuse it again right before the amp and drop it down to an 8 gauge there. You could also just shave the 4 gauge down to fit in there. Which might be better.

Good Luck Man.

Man thats old school RF so they are underated. Now I think about it RF still underates there amps. I guess it wouldn't be underating more of what it can put out RMS all day at 12 volts.

If I remeber that amp can probably put out close to 500 watts. I might be wrong. I own 2 60ix. I use to have the 100 and the 200 DSM. Both clean powerful amps. Just by todays standards that 8 gauge input ain't cutting it. I'd run at least a 4 gauge wire from the battery back fused 12-15" behind the battery and fuse it again right before the amp and drop it down to an 8 gauge there. You could also just shave the 4 gauge down to fit in there. Which might be better.

Good Luck Man.

I will do that..... thank you again, I appreciate it.