Second Skin Audio

what wall box for 2 custom neo 18's

Hey guys, after being out of the game for 15 years things have changed quite a bit. Well im getting ready to build a pair of neo motor 18's. Im building the entire neo motors myself using 16 1.5x1.5x.75 magnets mounted radially, motor diameter will be just shy of 10" and 7 3/4" tall and weigh roughly165-175 pounds. Im using sundown team 18 baskets, theyre spl cones, team spiders and coil as well as carbon fibre dust caps. I was going to go with dc audio carbon fibre cones but the price isnt right and theyre customer service is lacking. The bottom plate and pole im turning them from a solid 200 pound chunk of low carbon steel , being 1 piece the pole will be perfectly perpindicular to the bottom plate, i will be running a really tight gap so the location and straightness of the pole as well as the location of the neo magnets have to be spot on. Anyways i can get back to the build of those another time.

My questions are, we used to run large ported boxes in a flat wall now i see 4th, 6th 19th? Order bandpass boxes and just some wierd shit.... i think im just going to run a large ported flat wall, i have roughly 48" wide by 31" tall and 28" deep to work with, im thinking 7.5 cubic feet for each sub and 110sq in of port per sub with a changeable port and start off with tuning at 50hz. Does that sound right? We always used to tune between 48 and 60hz depending on the setup but shits so different now? Who knows.... shit 10,000 watts in 1 amp was unheard of then... shit i dont even know where they put them meter anymore, still in the bottom right corner of the windshield? Lol. We used to put our port high on the passenger side. The car its going in is a 04 honda civic coupe. I was thinking placing the subs side by side and putting the port above them the length of the box, port aould be roughly 6"x38" . I do not have room to put the port between the subs , i may put them subs and port in a triangle pattern where 1 sub up top, one on the bottom behind drivers seat and the port behind the passenger seat on the bottom and take the seat out when running it. Shit i dont know, what would you do?

Archived