WE-B-THPN Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 Hey guys I wanted to ask you guys if you think this box would work. I'm building a 4th order for 4 RF p3 12s in a ford probe hatch. I'm building the box then going to wall it. It's roughly 2:1 ratio. It's goin to be about 4.3 cubic feet sealed firing into about 7.9 cubic feet ported with a port area of about 1.7 cubic feet. Tuned about 35 The box is 34-depth, 36-width, 27-height, the port is 16x16 and length is 11.7. I feel the port may be to big but all my math seems right unless I did something wrong. If I left something out let me know
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 What are you hoping to do with this system? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 More SPL on music or burp? What frequency range are you wanting to get out of your box? What amp are you using? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
WE-B-THPN Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 Spl on music, I have no idea where competition are at. From 25-50hz. At first they will be a little under powered I have a interfire GD2000 but I have it running just 2 p3s right now on 4ohms maybe half gain and is plenty if I turn it any hirer they get over driven. So I think 2ohms on 4 subs will be fine
WE-B-THPN Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 Because if I go by the specs on the sheets I should be able to set the gains all the way up at 4ohms it's like 700rms at 4 ohms and my subs take 600rms a peace, it should just eat that power
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 That is not how the gain knob works at all. Its not like you get full power with it turned all the way up and half power with it set half the way up. You can get full power with it turned all the way down if your input voltage is high enough and you can get hardly any power out of your amp with it turned all the way up if you input voltage is too low. First thing you need to do is learn how to properly set your gain or you are going to be buying new subs. There is lots of info on this site on how to do that properly if you search for it. Your amp probably puts out ~900 watts at 1-ohm, you are getting WAY less than that at 4-ohms. When you say your subs are getting overdriven when you turn up the gain, what's really happening is you are clipping the life out of them. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 As far as your box idea goes, if you are looking to get loud, you are going to have much better results with a well-designed ported box than you will with a band pass box. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
WE-B-THPN Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 Not clipping anything, and I know how to set gains I just don't have all the tools like everyone else I have pretty steady voltage even on hard hits, I have two extra batteries to help I have sq2000 soundquest not the best but gets the job done. The lowest it will drop down to is 12.5 volts maybe. And I have gains set on everything else at 3/4 or lower. I could go higher if I want but I don't cuz I don't want to get close to any clipping or distortion point, sense I don't have the right tools to know exactly that point. I have to go old school and do it by ear learned it all from my dad he was the first generation back in the 80,s with his jetson's truck. And my amp doesnt work that way if I turn my gain all the way down its pretty much off even at 14.4 volts, but I have worked with amps that are like that so I know what you mean.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.