Second Skin Audio

Box for a digital designs 9518h

OzielG

So I have a single dd 18 and I'm trying to find out what's better if I should get a box with sub up port back or a sub back port back box.

From experience with my other box when I flipped it over the sub up port up I would get less output it would sound not as loud as sub and port facing back so what I'm trying to find out is does having the sub up and port back move more air and would make my hatch flex like with my other box which had a 15" and was sub back port back?

What car?? Mostly port and sub positioning is car dependant. So what works for me might not work for you. Since you say port back works for you I think sub up port back will work fine for you

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Well right now I have a single 15 in a Nissan xterra 2001 with both sub and port facing rear and it makes my whole truck flex everywhere so I'm wondering since I'm getting a 18 will changing the positioning of the sub up and having the port facing rear sound different in terms of making my truck flex and sound louder than having sup and port facing rear?

Best person to answer that would be some who has tested sub and port positions in a car like yours. But in general almost all SUVs get loud having subs up and port back.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived