Sundown Audio

Cadence

Jesse Knoblock

175 usd is 232.79 canadian dollars.

Plus shipping, plus import tax it would cost me still $300+ but they don't ship here and if they're out of stock on backorder and can't get more from Cadence because they aren't producing more I have to assume those are refurbished.

Anyways this is a review not a price comparison. I couldn't find any reviews of the amp and after testing I love it so figured I'd post one for you guys. The only comparison here is Cadence vs Kicker.

Though the Kicker is 1000watts rms @2 ohms vs 1600 watts rms @2 ohms so there's a big difference there. But the Kicker cost me $500 the cadence cost $288 total. And I saw them when Cadence was making them still on the cadence site for $880 direct from cadence.

To be more fair in my Kicker vs cadence I used 1 subwoofer instead of two to use the cadence at 4 ohms 800 rms vs the Kicker @2 ohms 1000rms but the Kicker was turned down due to the sub only handling 800 rms. Also I gave the Kicker the "upper hand" by using a dmm and setting it to roughly 900 watts rms giving it a 100 watts rms advantage in the test vs Cadence. The cadence was set with its clip detection then tested with dmm and it was pretty much bang on. Dmm isn't the best way to get exact numbers they're kinda rough results but close enough.

I've got a oscope now I could see what the cadence really puts out if anyone wants.

Archived