Sonic Electronix

So, went to my very first spl comp yesterday...

The guy you saw rocking GZ is likely a dealer. Ground Zero doesn't do "sponsorships" where they throw free product at guys, I've heard that directly from Brandon Lime (US contact for GZ). I'VE HEARD the guy you met is really cool, was he?

The guy was pretty cool from what I've seen. Hell, he even held the screen up so I could see it since I'm in a lifted truck.

• 4 weeks later...

So.. I decided to upgrade and do it big lol. I'm looking at either DC or PSI and apparently they're comparable in quality, price, and output. But I do like the PSI's more.. To replace the VM's, Instead of going to 2 10's and 2 12's again, I'll be looking at 2 8" and 2 12" platform 2's with all the add ons. Price for all 4 comes to $1100 for just the subs. Hopefully I'll have those soon and compete in another comp.

Since u have the space why not just get 2 15's and call it a day? Really no point in mixing sub sizes unless the 8's are only playing mids (45-100ish hz). Actually could cause cancellation and a decrease in output.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

It's nice. I'm just trying different setups. The 10/12 combo hit hard on certain frequencies, but were too similar and did have noticeable cancellation on other frequencies. the 8/12 should be able to get more width to the bass line as far as the 12s hitting the lows and the 8s hitting the higher spectrum... will there be cancellation? most likely.. but my Bronco is just my play toy/DD so it's not that big of a deal. The other SUV I have is getting 4 15s, and the f350 I'm buying next week will be getting 6 8s.

Eh, I haven't bought the new stuff yet, so I might still change plans....

Archived