roudabout6 Posted July 19, 2015 Report Posted July 19, 2015 Upgrading from dual XFL 12s on a bc2000 to hopefully dual hds3 15s. My only problem is trunk space. The opening to my trunk is 15in tall and 36in wide. My trunk is 30in deep though. With those dimensions that nets me 7.68 ft3 according to Torres. If I were to build the box inside the trunk I could build it with the dimensions of 21h x39w x 21d. My problem being I dont even know how I would start building a box inside my trunk. So I came here for help. Also I have not purchased the subs yet so if there is a sub that would perform better in my situation I am open to anything. Smaller box through trunk opening Box built inside trunkSketups of my trunk too big for forumshttp://i.gyazo.com/4abc9b3db8c0a996162d510c848c2456.pnghttp://i.gyazo.com/a8030d3c3be2babbb3103a32d56a7011.pnghttp://i.gyazo.com/be52481c0747a7989435b7d9a584e011.pnghttp://i.gyazo.com/2b07b28bd3e3d41c0dc7c381c9b9db8a.png
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 19, 2015 Report Posted July 19, 2015 Neither of those dimensions are going to give you enough space for two 15"s. Keep in mind the port is probably going to take up at least 2 cubes of space, unless you want to run the subs sealed, which I assume you do not. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
roudabout6 Posted July 20, 2015 Author Report Posted July 20, 2015 Neither of those dimensions are going to give you enough space for two 15"s. Keep in mind the port is probably going to take up at least 2 cubes of space, unless you want to run the subs sealed, which I assume you do not. Okay what would I need net volume wise to be able to fit 2 15s. I could do an T shaped box in my trunk and that would net more space. Also thought about cutting off some of the trunk opening so I can fit a box that is 17in tall.
roudabout6 Posted July 20, 2015 Author Report Posted July 20, 2015 Also would I be able to build two seperate enclosures fit them in the trunk opening wouldnt have to build inside the trunk.
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Well how much net volume you need is somewhat dependant on which 15" subs you want to use. The HDS315s like having more space than others. So for two I'd say you want 8 cubes net, plus whatever space the port takes up. If you went with different subs you could get down to around 5 cubes net. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
roudabout6 Posted July 20, 2015 Author Report Posted July 20, 2015 Well how much net volume you need is somewhat dependant on which 15" subs you want to use. The HDS315s like having more space than others. So for two I'd say you want 8 cubes net, plus whatever space the port takes up. If you went with different subs you could get down to around 5 cubes net. What subs would need less volume then. I was told the hds3 need less volume than normal 15s
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 21, 2015 Report Posted July 21, 2015 DC Audio subs are known for liking smaller boxes. So do Alpine subs. There are others as well. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
roudabout6 Posted July 22, 2015 Author Report Posted July 22, 2015 DC Audio subs are known for liking smaller boxes. So do Alpine subs. There are others as well. How much space would I need for 2 Level 3 15s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.