Sundown Audio

Protect Light On?

KevinH

ok first off the amp was fine last night driving home, was bumpin fine, i come out this morning and get going and i dont have any bumps, i stop and i figured maybe the power wire fuse might have blown, nope that was fine, the amp fuses were fine the grounds are good getting a full 14.6 volts at the amp, but the red protect light is on, not really sure what would cause this from sitting overnight, so i hope someone else can help me

could u atleast tell us wat kind of amp it is

Edited by KWP369
Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

Oh yea, sorry i forgot about that, its an SPL Z2X-1600 watt, I know its a cheap model amp, and people are going to say thats my problem, but thats not the answer im looking for

usually the protect light will come on when ur pullin to low of ohms gets too hot and all... make sure ur not wired down below the recommended ohm load for that amp

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

yea grounds good, bare metal, 4 gauge from the amp to the body, 0 gauge from the battery to the body, and DMM says 14.6 volts at amp

even tho you removed the subs from the amp, check the ohm load of the subs as if they were connected to the amp, and see if the ohm load is below that recomend by the mfg, with the red light of death on and not turning off thats not a good sign, could be a number of things bad inside the amp that the every day person just cant repair

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yea i checked and the subs were wired for 4 ohm load all together at the amp and my amp is 2 ohm stable, so yea the amp is prolly just junk now, but that gives me a better reason to go and buy my friends 2000 watt hifonics off of him, the only thing that bugs me is id like to know how an amp just decides to go bad from sitting overnight, but thanks for the help