Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

I need help with a box design


SIRSOCAL

Recommended Posts

Posted

First off does a 12 cubic foot + port and subs w 150 square inch port 13 inches long sound right for 2 15'S? these are the specifications I was given by the manufacturer.

2nd how the hell do I post pic? I have the spec sheet. Can't seem to post pics from my clip board!

3rd the enclosure will have the two subs firing up and the port toward the back.

03 suburban.

Looking for spl, music type rap/ r&b.

I appreciate your time in advance.

Pioneer avn p4004 dvd for now

Jl e4300 replaced

Polk audio 4000.4 high & mids for now

Titanium 2000.1 subs amp for now

Crescendo BC2000D on the way 9/11 home at last

Infinity kappa 52.71

Infinity 3032cf

2 Memphis c3 15 d4

Posted

thats a ton of space for those subs (c3 15s). and port area will be best determined when you list the rms power they will recieve each, box volume and port tuning freq.

IIRC, the net volume required for them is a minimum of 3.5 cu ft..

and those are 600 watt rms subs correct?

and to post pics you need to have a photobucket account and then attach the photos from there with the direct link for each pic..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

It just didn't sound right to me. 12cft. The info from the catalog says they rated 800 Watts rms. give me a second to go create a photobucket account having use that s*** in years I'll put up a pic of the sheet.

Pioneer avn p4004 dvd for now

Jl e4300 replaced

Polk audio 4000.4 high & mids for now

Titanium 2000.1 subs amp for now

Crescendo BC2000D on the way 9/11 home at last

Infinity kappa 52.71

Infinity 3032cf

2 Memphis c3 15 d4

Posted

It just didn't sound right to me. 12cft. The info from the catalog says they rated 800 Watts rms. give me a second to go create a photobucket account having use that s*** in years I'll put up a pic of the sheet.

lol.. ok.. when you post the specs (including the thiele/small parameter) and the amplifier/s youll be using, i can help you determine your best tuning freq and port area. can even help with a box design if you need 1.

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

Yes I very much need help with the design. The amp is (on I can't wait) crescendo its on the way BC2000D cuzz I to saw the c3 rated @600watt had planned on running @ 2 for the 1150+ it does. How I have to figure out how to run them @1. But that's a different conzo. http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/SIRSOCAL/library/?sort=3&page=0

Pioneer avn p4004 dvd for now

Jl e4300 replaced

Polk audio 4000.4 high & mids for now

Titanium 2000.1 subs amp for now

Crescendo BC2000D on the way 9/11 home at last

Infinity kappa 52.71

Infinity 3032cf

2 Memphis c3 15 d4

Posted

Yes I very much need help with the design. The amp is (on I can't wait) crescendo its on the way BC2000D cuzz I to saw the c3 rated @600watt had planned on running @ 2 for the 1150+ it does. How I have to figure out how to run them @1. But that's a different conzo. http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/SIRSOCAL/library/?sort=3&page=0

you will either have an impedance of 1 or 4 ohms.

what are your max dimensions?? Length, width, height?

and to post an actual picture (i should have made this more clear) copy the Direct link for the pic itself. you then click on the small picture icon in the menu for posts. paste the link in that..

like this..

Screenshot_2015-07-27-21-22-54_zpsqwz2n8

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

28"h 30"w 50"l

Been asking, bout the load thing as well. Still working on making sense of it.

Pioneer avn p4004 dvd for now

Jl e4300 replaced

Polk audio 4000.4 high & mids for now

Titanium 2000.1 subs amp for now

Crescendo BC2000D on the way 9/11 home at last

Infinity kappa 52.71

Infinity 3032cf

2 Memphis c3 15 d4

Posted

Been asking, bout the load thing as well. Still working on making sense of it.

???? you mean pictures?

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

No what ohms they can be wired down to.

Pioneer avn p4004 dvd for now

Jl e4300 replaced

Polk audio 4000.4 high & mids for now

Titanium 2000.1 subs amp for now

Crescendo BC2000D on the way 9/11 home at last

Infinity kappa 52.71

Infinity 3032cf

2 Memphis c3 15 d4

Posted

No what ohms they can be wired down to.

oh lol.. 4 or 1 for what you have

I'll get u a design in the morning

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3281 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...