SPL.Pantie.Soak Posted August 2, 2015 Report Posted August 2, 2015 Guys! I reconed my Mayhems yesterday and I let them sit for a good while (20 hours) .... Then I put em in the box and played and all went well for a while until I heard a rattle--- which was the spider coming off the basket. No biggie, I was just wondering if I should just glue it in place as it is right now or take the dust-cap off and re shim and then glue. The reason I ask is because the surround is still on and centered as it was before. I would really appreciate someones input. Kenwood KVT-614 (4) Marathon 155 AH batts 2/0 OFC SHCA Mechman 370 (2) Audioque 3500.1 (2) AA Mayhem 15s
Facekicker Posted August 2, 2015 Report Posted August 2, 2015 Spider all the way loose? Shim it, the surround isn't going to properly center it for you. If the spider is only lifted in one spot you can sneak some glue under it, but that's a judgement call. 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
SPL.Pantie.Soak Posted August 2, 2015 Author Report Posted August 2, 2015 Spider all the way loose? Shim it, the surround isn't going to properly center it for you. If the spider is only lifted in one spot you can sneak some glue under it, but that's a judgement call. Its all the way off on all sides, good call man. This is what I figured youd say! Thank you very much sir Kenwood KVT-614 (4) Marathon 155 AH batts 2/0 OFC SHCA Mechman 370 (2) Audioque 3500.1 (2) AA Mayhem 15s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.