Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Will this box work for my SA-12?


33hz

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a new car and the trunk is 1/2 the size as my last car. My current box is 2ft^3 and takes up the whole trunk/hatch area. It's not only the size but the shape too.

I have another box I built years back for a JL sub that's 1.6ft^3 and I think tuned to 35hz (2x12x28" port) and the smaller size and shape make it ideal for my hatch if I can make it work

So the box is slightly smaller than Sundown recommends for the SA-12 but I'm wondering if this will actually increase output at the sacrifice of some low end.

Anything you guys can tell me about how this box will do with my sub will be helpful before I go through the trouble of digging it out of storage

Basshead not audiophile

Posted

How much power are you running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

That box should be fine. Being a little on the smaller side will decrease output around tuning a little bit, but it will smooth out the response so it should sound nice.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...