xPhobiazombie's builds! Big plans ahead.

So it all started with my brother getting me addicted to bass at a young age. From then on all I did was research non-stop from 14+. I'm only 17 at the moment so I feel pretty accomplished with my skills, but the orion started when I was 16. So I decided to pick up a older Orion HCCA subwoofer. Most likely from around the year I was born :lol: . Anyhow my addiction kept growing and so did the gear. The first build included:

Orion HCCA - Tuned to 32 hz

Audio Technix 800.1

Execution Audio Big 3

Audio Technix 4 AWG amp kit

It's entry level gear in my opinion, but I wanted to start off right by getting the big 3 which is practically unknown to everyone around my area. Couple pics below of the beginning box and sub.

UKUNyTb.jpg

PkaO23d.jpg

I don't have anymore pics of the build but it slammed on the lows, and decent in the higher notes, but then one day it decided to die on me so I gutted it, and found some odd findings. A screw and some burnt leads it seems, but the coil was golden. No idea what happened there.

5UIYgSL.jpg?1UAuUkpI.jpg?1

Anyhow being without bass killed me as for anyone else on these forums it would. So I decided to search around a little bit. I found the Sundown yardsale and bought myself four SA Ultras. But I sold 2 for a little profit cause I'm a broke kid lol.

Wbc5mEF.jpgmW4nNso.jpg

cLiAHWQ.jpg

Kaiser knew what was coming. He most likely hears me on my way home now, never heard the bass outside the car so I couldn't tell. I then began researching a bunch yet again. I came across some box plans I loved and decided to dive in. Around 3 cubes, and tuned to 38 hertz or so. Not sure anymore. Onto the box build!

Gotta love habor freight. Best thing I've bought there for under $30. Strong as hell brads and gun. Box is solid.

PROPS to my cool as hell art teacher! Instead of projects for a few days she let me and a friend use the woodshop to cut my box and the 45's. She is one awesome lady. Really sweet she let me cut some wood during class time.

bkZQgwE.jpg

uXeCOrV.jpgqbzT4PK.jpgbIlQGzi.jpghZvlvLK.jpgT0drtlY.jpgvr6Wg93.jpgb1smtGm.jpg

CLP0e94.jpg

My mom watched me for part of my build. Did this all myself besides the cuts. Pretty proud of this box.

4MxsZD0.jpgIFwDMeI.jpgG5o8tx6.jpg

HaKozh3.jpgKumUFbG.jpgkckiPBw.jpg

0bJ8CKE.jpg

CK92g79.jpgyjX4TIu.jpgKX4XdlA.jpg

Ran into some problems with the box installation. Literally had to cut corners. The trunk was a little to small, so I said screw it and took some vice grips, a hammer, and tin snips and went to town. I actually had a cop stop by my house because a friend was parked 1/2 on the road, and she peeked in and asked what we were doing. When she saw it her eyes got wide and she said "Holy F**k, I better not pull you over for that!" We all had a good laugh and said of course not. I play my bass respectfully.

Onto my new plans! After a 3 hour drive one way and almost dying due to a few semi-trucks on the way home I now own.....!

J1CyaiG.jpg

r4MCSJS.jpgBjhoyQs.jpg

I own Sundown X -18's! Big plans are ahead. New car, new amps, new batts. Everything!

Being a broke teen, I try to make money anyhow I can. I grew up with a gear head father and I'm following in his footsteps. I flipped two old motorcycles I picked up cheap as hell. Here's a pic of the first one I got, didn't run when I got it, got a parts engine that I stole things from and got it kickin.

jSvQGjG.jpg

Here's the second one I plan to sell for quadruple the price I bought it for :yahoo:

BhObDvY.jpg

In all, I'll be pretty damn close to getting a guy's SAZ-3k near me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived