home audio enclosure for a skar 15 zvx

Yeah, a build log would be awesome!

Just a heads up, THTs are pretty picky about what subs will work well in them, if you do decide to build a THT down the road I'd stick with one of the recommended subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I have a HT setup with an RE XXX 12 tuned to 29hz.

I do soon plan on adding a 2nd cabinet strictly for movies that is tuned quite low, like 15hz and running Dayton Ultimax subs.

I also may be changing my musical sub to a 15" old school RE MT.

Just sharing and following.

That video on how to hook up to the Behringer amp was pretty good. I've got that same amp and its pretty awesome. The DSP functionality is amazing.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That video on how to hook up to the Behringer amp was pretty good. I've got that same amp and its pretty awesome. The DSP functionality is amazing.

Thank you and I agree about the Behringers. For the price, there's really nothing else with the output, and the DSP is a HUGE help for those using basic receivers and no other processing.

In addition to my HT I've got several rooms and an office running various sizes, home has been upgraded to a 6000 DSP in anticipation of adding the 2nd cabinet.

noob if you go a different direction on enclosure I can come up with a design and share it here. I forgot to mention I also run ZVX 18s in horn loaded PA enclosures for MMA events and other shows, and can say they will perform very nicely in a home setup as well.

Archived