FI 4 life Posted September 14, 2015 Report Posted September 14, 2015 I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 ext cab. 23 cubes in the cab and about 28 in the bed. I have 3 crossfire xsv2 15's. Wanting loud daily driver. 154+, would a 4th order wall be best for me of a 4th order blow through? Please help. Temp amp will me a crescendo 5500 later on a second.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 14, 2015 Report Posted September 14, 2015 How about a regular ported wall? Any reason you want to use a bandpass box (other than when doing a blow through)? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
FI 4 life Posted September 14, 2015 Author Report Posted September 14, 2015 I've heard walls before but to me the 4th order band passes and a wider play range and tight response.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 14, 2015 Report Posted September 14, 2015 I've heard walls before but to me the 4th order band passes and a wider play range and tight response. While I'm not questioning what you have personally experienced, saying 4th order bandpass boxes have "a wider play range and tight response" is like saying "Fords turn tighter and get better gas mileage". Whether that's true or not is going to be completely dependant on the particular situation you are referring to. Bandpass boxes CAN have a wide bandwidth and CAN have tight response, but they can also be super peaky one-note-wonders that are only good for burps and sound like garbage on actual music. What kind of performance you are going to get is going to come down to how well the box is designed, what exactly it's designed to be good at, and how well the entire sub/box/vehicle combination works together. Now with that out of the way, in the majority of situations, you will get the best performance out of a well thought out ported design. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
FI 4 life Posted September 14, 2015 Author Report Posted September 14, 2015 Okay for a flat ported wall since I have 3 15's should I just save and get another one for even ohm load or just do the 4? I have one crescendo 5500 it will be used temp use.
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 14, 2015 Report Posted September 14, 2015 As long as you have enough space to build a proper box for four subs (and it sounds like you do) more cone area is more better! "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.