Sonic Electronix

I think this adjustable T square is awesome! I use it for a straight edge, I clamp it to the wood and use it as a guide for my circular saw, and of course the T square comes in handy some times too.

http://www.harborfreight.com/48-in-adjustable-t-square-67778.html

Am I the only one who uses an air compressor and finish nail gun? I like to shoot a few nails to hold the wood while glue dries.

I use an 18 gauge Brad nailer to hold the wood in place and finish with screws

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Ive never used screws. Glue holds it good enough but I havent built any really high power boxes tho,

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492
Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components

SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12

I'll use a brad nailer periodically just to keep things moving around on me when I clamp. I know a lot of folks just use the brad nailer, but my complaint against it is nails don't clamp like screws and clamps do.

As promised, here are some pictures of my work shop:

kCWd4Zr.jpg

This is my table saw setup, you can see my outfeed/assembly table behind it and my support table on the right. My saw has a 32" fence, it would be nice to have a 52" fence, but this is all I have room for. The cabinet under the right side holds my crosscut sleds, blades and other accessories, and the fence when not in use.

eCAL5do.jpg

Here is my router table. I built it myself and I really like how it works out. I like having a fence, which also helps with dust collection. Dust collection is a pretty big deal with router tables IMHO. I don't have a router lift, but it does use a Kreg mounting plate with inserts and it works well.

p6XD6R2.jpg

The top flips up and there is a shelf inside for bit storage. I can change bits from the top, so I don't have to flip up the table much, but it does make some things easier.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'll use a brad nailer periodically just to keep things moving around on me when I clamp. I know a lot of folks just use the brad nailer, but my complaint against it is nails don't clamp like screws and clamps do.

As promised, here are some pictures of my work shop:

kCWd4Zr.jpg

This is my table saw setup, you can see my outfeed/assembly table behind it and my support table on the right. My saw has a 32" fence, it would be nice to have a 52" fence, but this is all I have room for. The cabinet under the right side holds my crosscut sleds, blades and other accessories, and the fence when not in use.

eCAL5do.jpg

Here is my router table. I built it myself and I really like how it works out. I like having a fence, which also helps with dust collection. Dust collection is a pretty big deal with router tables IMHO. I don't have a router lift, but it does use a Kreg mounting plate with inserts and it works well.

p6XD6R2.jpg

The top flips up and there is a shelf inside for bit storage. I can change bits from the top, so I don't have to flip up the table much, but it does make some things easier.

Very nice.. that router table looks great!!.. very clean setup!!

On the note about screws.. I never build a box without em.. lol.. like you, I just don't trust glue and nails alone..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Archived