Sonic Electronix

hey guys..

this is a question for all you guys out there that build boxes on a regular basis (small business, profesional)..

i build boxes and install systems on the side.. ive got a good assortment of tools and what not.. but i'd like to know what yall would buy next assuming you have the same tools as me... a list of what youd buy next would be awsome!!!

heres what i have tool wise,

Drill/ impact

circular saw

jigsaw

1/4" shank router

homemade router table (starting to warp a little..

homemade circle jig (works just as good as a jasper jig)

orbital sander

palm sander

different size clamps (6"- 36")

router bits:

roundover 1/8 - 1/2"

1" flush trim

a couple different sized strait cut bits

drill bits:

ALOT!!! lol (probable good here)

thanks for the help guys!!!

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Circle Jig for router.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Circle Jig for router.

oops.. should have listed that i have that.. well a homemade one for free works just like a real one.. lol.. original post edited

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Having a large table saw table that can handle accurately cutting full sheets is amazing to have. Used to work with a buddy that had one. I took it for granted, now I make all cuts with a circular saw and it's just not the same. :( works, but wayyyyy more time consuming than setting the fence once and making 6 cuts in a row, then resetting, etc.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

A GOOD table saw would be my #1 priority. It is by far the most used tool in my shop. However, I would not suggest spending $600 on a new table saw. I would hit up craigslist and spend $600 (or a little more if needed) on a used cabinet saw. Jet, Powermatic, Delta (Unisaw), are all good brands for cabinet saws. I used to have a decent used Grizzly contractors saw that I picked up for $200, I used it for a number of years and it worked fairly well. Then about a year ago I picked up a mid 90's Unisaw for $900. It came with a folding outfeed table, which I didn't need, so it sold it for $250. So for $650 I got a saw that totally blew my Grizzly out of the water. The improvement was amazing, and its probably the last table saw I'll ever buy.

After you get a table saw build an out feed table for it and you can easily rip 4'x8' sheets of wood by yourself. Depending on how big your shop space is you can build a side table for the saw as well and you will be able to cross cut full sheets too. I can show you pictures if my setup if you are interested.

Next priority after the table saw would be a router table. I built my own floor-standing version and I really like it. It doesn't have a router lift, but to me that's not that big of a deal and the whole thing only cost me a couple sheets of MDF and a few hours of time to make.

i'd love to find a good table saw on craigslist like the ones you listed.. i noticed i could special order the large Delta unisaw on lowes, but like you said, very expensive.. ill keep a look out for that kind.. i was talking with my dad (who has the exact table i listed in previous post), and he said its a good saw, but not really the kind you build a table around like you mentioned.. That which i really want to do.. i watch Doug Bernards (aka SoundMan), and absolutely love his table saw/ work table.. but yes, id love to see how yours is set up.. the more ideas i see, the better i can figure out what i want to do..

And for Router table, i was thinking of doing just like Doug.. An all in one table basically.. my current one is just slapped together out of scrap mdf.. lol.. i cut a hole for the bits to go thru and drilled and recessed the holes to mount the fixed(adjustable) base.. and whalaa.. lol

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

If you have room for a full support table around your saw like Doug does, that would definitely be the way to go. At that point integrating your router table into the saw surround would make sense too. My workshop isn't anywhere near big enough for that kind of setup, unfortunately, so I just have an outfeed table and a separate stand-alone router table. An outfeed table is a must IMHO. I would never have a saw without one. I'll try to get some pictures of my setup and post them a bit later. My shop is a disaster right now :-)

Here is a good example of a cabinet saw, who knows how much the guys wants for it. Patience is definitely key when searching on Craigslist:

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/5168040016.html

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you have room for a full support table around your saw like Doug does, that would definitely be the way to go. At that point integrating your router table into the saw surround would make sense too. My workshop isn't anywhere near big enough for that kind of setup, unfortunately, so I just have an outfeed table and a separate stand-alone router table. An outfeed table is a must IMHO. I would never have a saw without one. I'll try to get some pictures of my setup and post them a bit later. My shop is a disaster right now :-)

Here is a good example of a cabinet saw, who knows how much the guys wants for it. Patience is definitely key when searching on Craigslist:

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/5168040016.html

i should have room.. im putting up a metal building 48x41 (or bigger, depending on what wife says) in a couple months. :yahoo: something ive always wanted.. now im looking to fill it with a bunch of goodies.. lol..

And i totally understand the shop being a mess.. my parents are visiting me these past two weeks and he went and swept and vacuumed the floor.. must have been at least an inch of saw dust, scraps, and what not.. .lol

good find on CL.. ill keep an eye out..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Archived