Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub suggestions for 4.5 cubes gross


05flareside

Recommended Posts

Posted

So my max box dimensions are as follows: (wedge box)

26.5 inches tall
33 inches wide/long
8.5 inches top length
14 inches bottom length
4.44 cubes gross.
What would you go with if this was your build? A sealed 18? Ported 15? 2 ported 10s? Open to suggestions.
I'm looking to spend under 250/woofer depending on the setup
I mostly listen to rap and like lows. Not super lows but lows.
Thank you all!
Posted

How much power are you going to run? What vehicle is this going in?

You probably have space for one 15" or maybe two 12"s, two 10"s for sure.

My personal preference would be for one ported 15" if you can make it work.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I'm thinking of a ported 15 as well.. Would a flared 6 inch port have enough port area for a 15? Plan on doing an HDS3 15 or DC level 4. If I do 1 6 inch pvc port it saves quite a bit of box area

This will be going in a regular cab 2005 f150 and I plan on running 1500 watts from a crescendo symphony 1500.1

Posted

IMO, no a single 6" port is not going to be enough considering the amount of power you are going to run. A single 6" port would be good to around 800 watts.

A single 8" port would work well, but you won't be able to fit it in your box w/o having any bends in it. I'd probably just go with a slot port of about 48 sq in for that reason. Depending on your box layout, a 3 common wall slot port can take up less space, or at least be very close, than an aero port of equal area would anyway.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I've been looking at port length and tuning. I wish I could fit a single 8 inch port on the top, then I could leave about 9 inches outside of the box and have a length of around 27, which would put me right near the 33/34 range.
Do you think I could fit an 8 inch pvc on the top part of the box?

I think I'd have to sand some of the walls to fit the 8 inch pvc on the top part of the box, would that be okay?

Posted

With some creative woodworking you may be able to fit a 8" port firing out the top. As long as you can some some of the port external it should work well for what you want to do.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

If on the other hand you wanted to go 2 12s....I would suggest 2 Sundown SA-12 D4. I am biased on the brand, but it would fit your space nicely.

Capture12345.jpg

There is a general idea of what it might look like. assuming you calced the gross volume correct. 9 inches outside the box is too much for me, personally. But if your okay with it awesome. taking it to 8 inches outside the box in this scenario would make the tuning 34.31, on paper.

edit: even with the 15, that should give you a basic idea, the driver displacement will be less, .21 for the DC, and SQ doesn't list theirs on the website, unless I missed it.

Early 1999 F-250 Powerstroke , Extended Cab

Current Audio Future plans

5 Cu Ft, shared chamber, 28hz

(2) Sundown x-10 D2 V2

AQ1-2200.1 @ .5ohms Mechman 240 AMP Alt

2 Batteries stock + (1)XS Power D3400

Kenwood Head Unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 501 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...