deep cycle batt., whats the cons to using in the trunk

I've been wanting to add a second batt. For my amp.my car is a 2000 park ave with a ac delco 125amp alt.I did the big 3 0awg and have 2awg running to the amp.my amp has 2-70amp fuses.would I gain anything adding a battery? And would I be OK if I bought a deep discharge marine and rv battery from wal mart?its 115ah biggest one they have 100$ or so.what are the cons to this and would I gain more by using agm batteries? Any information would be helpful thanks in advance

I did the 2awg run first by the way couldn't find 0awg on Sunday and used 2awg I got from Lowes not the right kind of wire but has been working,would that type of wire restrict me?its like 20-30 strands or so I get 13.8 to the amp so I figured was OK,but I'm a noob and don't know lol

I've been wanting to add a second batt. For my amp.my car is a 2000 park ave with a ac delco 125amp alt.I did the big 3 0awg and have 2awg running to the amp.my amp has 2-70amp fuses.would I gain anything adding a battery? And would I be OK if I bought a deep discharge marine and rv battery from wal mart?its 115ah biggest one they have 100$ or so.what are the cons to this and would I gain more by using agm batteries? Any information would be helpful thanks in advance

there's a reason its $100 and not $300. I would not advise getting one that cheap. I'd save up and get an xs xp 3000. Or shurikens battery, or kinetik, just not walmart..............

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

1.amp make and model would help

2.most people on here will say save your money and do it with quality (maybe not premium stuff but not Walmart either)

3.from what I have heard (can't say it's right or wrong) that Lowes/home depot wire is smaller than good car audio wire (car audio wire is oversized) and its not as conductive at higher amploads

4. its better to upgrade your under hood battery first then add a battery if needed

Amp is autotek m4000.1d maxsonics junk lol.I also have 2crossfire bmf1000.d but the autotek is louder than 1 of the crossfires so wanted to upgrade wiring and battery before strapping. Advice taken I'll upgrade wire first then get a good battery. Thanks for the advice

Archived