300spartan Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 I have a orion h2 15.4 sub and I had it in a prefab box which exploded. I know there are tons of calculators out there but I'm a noob at that. I have some 5/8s board, one full sheet and half of another. I know I can't go wider than 31 inches and taller than 21 inches and the depth is unknown. I wanted to double up on every wall also unless I can get away with not doubling some of them. I'm putting it in a 2013 Chrysler 300 and would love to have access to the lid to the spare tire. Is going to be powered by a Memphis pr1000.1 Could someone please help me with a cut sheet that actually works. I know this is asking for a lot but I have no other options. I listen to a lot of rap maybe tuned to 35hz?
300spartan Posted October 15, 2015 Author Report Posted October 15, 2015 Was hoping somebody could help me, I was going to build it tomorrow and that's the only time I'll have to do. Joe x please help
CleanSierra Posted October 17, 2015 Report Posted October 17, 2015 Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
300spartan Posted October 17, 2015 Author Report Posted October 17, 2015 Thank you do you happen to have dimensions for cut sheet, I'm actually trying to repair the old box right now and is a pain
CleanSierra Posted October 17, 2015 Report Posted October 17, 2015 Every one of these dimensions is X2. 19.75X16.5" Sides 18.50X16.5" Sides 30.00X16.5" Back 25.25X16.5" Baffle 13.75X16.5" Port extension 1 8.25X16.5" Port extension 2 30.00X21" Top 30.00X21" Bottom Like I said, every cut you see here you need to make twice, since you're double walling the enclosure. The port is 3.5" wide by 16.5" tall equaling 57.75" of port. Tuning is 34~35 Hz, internal net volume is right around 3.5 cubic feet. Any questions, let me know Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
300spartan Posted October 17, 2015 Author Report Posted October 17, 2015 Thank you so much.... I really appreciate you taking the time to help me now I'm throwing the old box away.
CleanSierra Posted October 17, 2015 Report Posted October 17, 2015 Yeah, pitch the old box and start cutting Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
300spartan Posted October 17, 2015 Author Report Posted October 17, 2015 Again thank you. Any caulking is good?
CleanSierra Posted October 17, 2015 Report Posted October 17, 2015 Uh, for what? If your cuts are good, your shouldn't need caulk for the seams. To actually glue the pieces of wood together, I use Titebond II or Titebond III. You can use caulk on the inner seams if your cuts are not perfect and just use a non silicone based caulk. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.