Second Skin Audio

help to design a box for 2x 15'' SSA XCON :)

hey,wassup guy's!!

i just freshly recone my xcon's,and im ready for my new box...last one was a sloted one for 1x 15'',but since i have 2 now,thing are getting serious (mouhahahahahaha,devil laugh)

they are in breaking mode on a jbl gto1400.1 at 4ohms,but im in hunting mode for a 4k amp at 1 ohm for them...

so i did my homework,but can't find the right solution... i did one design with 3 different software,with 3 different result of tuning....that's the problem....i was going aeroported for first time,but i can't be sure of my number...

im aiming for 10ftq box tuned around 27-28,since that sub fs is 31,that would sound good....i think lol

im going for low....i do some spl comp once a month,but im more a bassracer than an spl'er...lol

can someone help me on that??? should i go sloted,aeroported,octoported,or whatever

i want to do one box,one big ass good box,not some cheap design,im putting my heart in this one,that's why im so scared to be wrong

feel to send a design ;) it will be in a toyota sequoia 2001,so i can go 40x22x26...around those number,to keep a little space for grocery :)

thank for your futur help basshead!!!

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

With the dimensions you listed, you don't have space for a 10 cube box. FYI.

Also 10 cubes is significantly above the recommended box size of 3.0 - 4.0 cf per sub.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

but for 2x15'' ,should i go ported or sloted? ill go back to the software working that thing...but i wonder if sloted will be good for what im looking for....that's the only type of box i can make without being unsecured about what im doing lol

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

but for 2x15'' ,should i go ported or sloted? ill go back to the software working that thing...but i wonder if sloted will be good for what im looking for....that's the only type of box i can make without being unsecured about what im doing lol

You mean an aero port or a slot port?

Appropriately sized, there is no difference in performance between the two. Which will be better for you really comes down to implementation. If you can use aero ports without requiring then to have any bends in them they will probably be the most space efficient. Otherwise I'd use a slot port.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

last box was sloted,i used re audio site...box sound good....think i will make another :)

with 2x 15, how much port area should i aim?

I'd shoot for 120 sq in of port.

Just an FYI, but the calculator on RE audio website has been known to be inaccurate and doesn't account for things like sub displacement. If you want to use something similar I'd suggest downloading Torres.

Builds:

Archived