Product: Eibach Pro-System Plus kit

Made by Eibach

Purchased at: Tirerack.com

Link to kit:

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Eibach&model=Pro-System+Plus+Kit&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Accord+Coupe+EX+V6&autoYear=2000&autoModClar=

The kit includes shock, springs, and sway bars. I bought the kit and had it installed back in May 2012. I loved the handling and ride. The body roll was gone, front to back pitch when braking, or taking off was gone. Earlier this year I noticed the ride in the rear was not quite right. I also noticed some dark spots about 4 inches inside where my tires sit in the rock parking spot. Then I started feeling the rear end bounce after hitting a bump. The rear shocks have failed after 3 years and some months. They have a grand total of 16,182 miles driven on them. I checked with Eibach and tirerack.com, Eibach has a 2 year warranty or 1 million miles which ever comes first. Eibach did offer to sell me replacement shocks for $104 each. I can not recommend this kit with the failure of shocks after such limited use. The rest of the kit (springs and sway bars) seem to be holding up fine.

Rating 6/10

The parts that held up are great. The shocks that failed leave me with little faith in the 2 that haven't failed yet.

Under Construction

*UPDATE*

I had nothing to lose so I contacted the CEO, He stood behind their product. The CEO sent me 4 new shocks no questions asked, and they paid shipping. The CEO apologized for the poor performance of the product. This makes me feel much better about the company.

New rating 8.5/10

Would recommend, keep a eye on the shocks and the 2 years.

Under Construction

Archived