Bob Tzimenatos Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 In need of a little assistance. I am having some trouble with the free online box calcs. I want to build a ported box for two Pioneer TSW261D4's. 10" . They currently reside in a ported box I got a few years ago in a CL deal. The subs are new. Running them off a PioneerGMD8601 @1 ohm. The box they are in is 1.1 cf per side, port is 10.75" x 2.75" x 10.25" long. While it sounds ok, i know I can get more out of this sub/amp combo. If JoeX or someone could run these numbers for me, I'd be grateful. Sub specs Pioneer TSW261D4 Dual 4 ohm, 10" Qts 1.04 Qms 15.49 Qes 1.12 Fs 46hz Vas .63cf Vd .0125 cf I like my lows- Psyph, Decaf, etc. System currently resides in my '04 TrailBlazer, but will end up in my daughter's '06 Charger when I go big. I'm an Old School SQ guy from back in the early 90's. LikeI said, this is just a pacifier system until I go big- 2 15's on 4000+w
Bob Tzimenatos Posted November 1, 2015 Author Report Posted November 1, 2015 I tried a couple online calcs and came up with strange results. One said I needed 14.something cubes. It's going in a Trailblazer, max dims available are 46w x 15h x 20d
MotorCityFats13 Posted November 1, 2015 Report Posted November 1, 2015 just wondering on the configuration of the box you have now... shared chamber single port, shared chamber dual port, 2 chambers 2 ports.... because I am coming up with a 50hz tune if its a shared chamber single port all other configurations have even higher tunes.... something like this might be able to transfer later on to the trunk of a charger
Bob Tzimenatos Posted November 1, 2015 Author Report Posted November 1, 2015 It's single chamber, port between the subs. Thanks for the design, I like the tuning much better. Gonna build it and test. Since I still have the prefab box, I will be able to compare the two. Thanks again.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.