Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 Redoing port soon and need advice. Sub is a Fi Q18, 6 spoke basket, SPL audio recone, on under 1k. Port is 12" plastic pipe. I want it tuned at 29 and I can get there 2 ways. 1. 34" of pipe internal and 2" external giving me 8.08 cubes. And 2. 28" internal and 6" ext. giving me 8.48. How much would the extra .5 cube affect the sub. (Fi recommends up to 10 cubes for 1 Q18) <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Massivespl Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 Fi suggest 6-10ft .but that's for a stock Q and u have a different recone in there. That half of cube prly won't make a huge difference.. But going from a 12" to a 6" port will deff change how it's going to sound. For aero ports I like about 9-10" per foot port c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 No I'm going from a 10x12x 38" port to a 12" PVC port <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 It's tuned at around 32 in 6.8 cubes now but I'm not getting as much port velocity as I want on lows right now. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 Peaking around 36-38 <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Massivespl Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 No I'm going from a 10x12x 38" port to a 12" PVC port Ok I read that wrong c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 im bad about doing that lol <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.