New to audio. Building ht ported enclosure.

I figured that's what you meant, just making sure. As for the pic, I'll post it in the morning after I get up. It looks pretty good to me but idk if it's correct or if I made a silly mistake.

Looks good! You can probably omit the brace running from the front to the back towards the top of the box. Its so close to top panel of the box its not going to really be doing anything. Your two side-to-side braces are in good spots.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

For the bracing, what would be the best approach to put that in? As in, how do I make sure it's secure and going to do what is intended rather than just being a waste of space?

Also, for the input into the NU3000DSP, would you suggest using a 1/4" TRS or a XLR cable? I will need a converter to go from RCA to that connector (which ever one)

When using dowels for bracing, the best way to do it is to drill holes all the way through the panels, smear glue on the dowel, drive them through the holes, and then cut the excess off flush with the outside after the glue dries. It works best if you drill the holes in the side panels before you start gluing everything together. You put both panels on top of each other and drill the holes through both at the same time. However, since you want to stain the box you probably don't want the holes all the way through the sides. So there are a couple things you can do. You could use a forstner bit and drill as deeply into the side panels as you can without poking though the other side. This will be tricky and you will have to get the length of your dowels just right. Another option would be to not use dowels and use strips of plywood, you want the strips to be at least 3" wide. This would probably be my suggested solution. One thing you do NOT want to do is to just try to glue the end of the dowel to the side panel without recessing it into a hole. The end of the dowel will soak up the glue and you will get a bad joint, you always need to glue to the sides of a dowel.

As far as the adapter cable goes, I've used both TRS and XLR adapters for connecting RCAs to a NU3000DSP. Both have worked equally well for me, I think the TRS adapters create less of a cabling mess though.

Here is a really good walk through of how to use a Behringer amp for home theater use: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1648673-martysub-faq.html#post26653777

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

What do you mean by use strips of plywood?

Just a piece of plywood 3/4" x 3 to 4" wide and as long as your box is wide internally. If you look at the box pic I posted on page 3 you can see the two I used. I probably should have made mine wider, but that box is pretty low powered compared to what you are going to be doing.

Builds:

Archived