New to audio. Building ht ported enclosure.

I was thinking and 30mm is about 1.18". My sub will be recessed into the baffle so it will only have 3/4" of wood behind it. Would I need to use a smaller variation of those screws you linked to?

I was thinking and 30mm is about 1.18". My sub will be recessed into the baffle so it will only have 3/4" of wood behind it. Would I need to use a smaller variation of those screws you linked to?

No, those screws will be fine. Having the screws protrude in to the interior of the box is no problem.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Probably, they might be a bit on the big side for that though.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Also, after reading some reviews, do you really need to do some converter (they've been saying ART box?) from receiver to NU3000DPS or is it fine to connect directly from receiver to amp using a RCA to XLR (or 1/4" TRS) adapter?

I've never used a converter when I've done it, though it depends on the output voltage of your receiver. Its possible you may need a converter box, though not likely, you won't hurt anything trying. See if it works with what you have and then if you need to add a box later to make it work well, they aren't expensive.

If you get the screws I linked above, they are going to be too large of a diameter for the terminal cup. It takes pretty small screws. I use the #6 x 3/4" screws parts express sells for terminal cups.

Builds:

Archived