Jump to content

Need help with a usb 3.0 card.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got a Dell optiplex 755 and I'm looking at usb cards. I've noticed some have the regular 4 wire power plugs, this is where the problem is I don't have any of those style plugs on this pc. I've also noticed some require a sata power connection, now correct me if I'm wrong. I have a open esata port I can just use a sata cable and be done correct?

Also any recommendations would be great.

Posted

Normal e-Sata ports do not have power or sufficient power. What do you mean by USB cards? As in adding more USB ports?

Well adding 3.0 because the pc only has 2.0 but it does have a pci express x16.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Syba-4Port-USB-3-0-PCI-Express-Card-x1-Renesas-Chipset-Full-Low-Profile-Brackets-/400823371690?nav=SEARCH

For instance this one says sata power when needed.

Edit:youtube answered my questions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6470 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...