Luvinit Posted December 6, 2015 Report Posted December 6, 2015 i have a 12" kicker cvr dvc in a the box is 2.09cuft, ported with a port 3.125 x11.8125x21.125 port I messed up. Just wondering what the sub will sound like in this box and what the portage tonight with the relativity of the size of the box I'm not too sure how to figure it out that is why am asking you
Luvinit Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Posted December 6, 2015 The internal measurements are 9.3.75x 32.5 x 11.8125
RainStryke Posted December 6, 2015 Report Posted December 6, 2015 It's right around 43Hz according to this calculator: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp
Luvinit Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Posted December 6, 2015 Oh ok and is that good for a 12" kicker Cvr wired at 2 ohms its a 2014 model Compvr12 and is a dual 4 ohm voice coil
RainStryke Posted December 6, 2015 Report Posted December 6, 2015 Manufacture recommends 39Hz tuning. According to the specifications of the sub, I would consider tuning a little lower... But it doesn't really matter, all that maters is if it sounds good to the user.
Luvinit Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Posted December 6, 2015 Ok and how would I tune it lower? Sorry I'm a green thumb building slot ported boxes, I come from a time when we used ABS or pvc pipe? By the way how do I tell what my tuning frequency is is that the FS? By the way thank you I really appreciate your help
Guest Posted December 6, 2015 Report Posted December 6, 2015 I come from a time when we used ABS or pvc pipe why dont you keep on using this method of ABS or pipe?? I think 43hz will be ok if youre only listening to rock music or stuff without alot of real low bass find yourself a box calculator online and play with the port sizes on it to find what you want
Luvinit Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Posted December 6, 2015 And that's what I don't know about or how to do
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 6, 2015 Report Posted December 6, 2015 Ok and how would I tune it lower? Sorry I'm a green thumb building slot ported boxes, I come from a time when we used ABS or pvc pipe By the way how do I tell what my tuning frequency is is that the FS? By the way thank you I really appreciate your help You lower your tuning by lengthening your port. You could add to the port on the outside of the box until you get it sounding how you like, then build a new box with that tuning. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.