Second Skin Audio

need help with port area for 2 fi bl 15's

wildrow

well I just got a pair of FI BL 15's fully loaded (except the internal lead thing) and i'm trying to design a box for them.

I want it to be 7cu after displacements, but I need help with the port area part, now according to torres if I make the port 19.5 X 5 X 17L the port area per foot will be 14.03 with a total of 97.50 tuned at 37hz. is 97.50 enough port area? do these drivers perform well in a box tuned this high? (I have good electrical system and subs will be powered by a crescendo bc 3,500, type of music mostly Mexican. corridos, banda, etc. wich reminds me, an epicenter will be used.) any help will be greatly appreciated .

Your tuning is a bit higher than what is usually seen, though if music you listen to doesn't have much below 37 hz, there is nothing wrong with tuning that high. A higher tuning does require a little more port area though. I'd suggest widening your port from 5" to 7", that will provide plenty of port area to allow you to get the most performance from your system.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived