Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub box


Htown B.O.B.

Recommended Posts

Posted

What are the dimensions of the port? Also, what is the thickness of the box material.

The reason all of this is needed i can rough calc the box and see if something seems off.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

i really only spent about 30 seconds looking at your numbers, but it seems to me that you are extremely low on port area.

your at almost 8.5ft^3 of internal volume, and only 48in^2 of port area. you need ALOT more port area than this, and your calculated tuning is down in the mid 20s range. you need a different enclosure man.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

Ill do you a design as long as tou stick with the design and dont change anything in the build process.

How skilled are you with wood working? My designs can get quite involved as i have over 20 years of professional wood working experience and sometimes i can fail to keep things simple unless i remember to.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

I'm not that bad more electrical and mechanally inclined but sure I can handle it. I have 5 foot length wise of working space and 24"to the seat. Height not a big deal at all thanks

Posted

Hello I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone can give me some dimensions for a sub box for my 98 k1500 extended cab I have 4 re scx 12 and want a box big enough for a wall for my truck anything will help

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3222 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...