Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7 12" box design

penniman16

Hey I've been reading up on box bulding for the last two or so weeks even downloaded torres and messed around with it and even found some box design's already for the l7 but if I'm going to do this I want to do it once and make sure it's done right. I wanted some input on a box sixe, tuning frequency, etc for 2 kicker 12" L7. Its going in the back of a suv so space isn't a issue. I want it to get as loud as possible with this build as I already bought a prefab (I know i was stupid but it was the only option at the time) and I really dont think I'm getting the most out of the subs. So any help will be appreciated.

Those square subs are a unique critter when it comes to enclosures. I learned alot in my time of messing with them years ago. They taught me that in enclosure design to always calculate the radiating cone area vs the excursion of the sub and calculate that into a total mass of displaced air, to be factored into the design.

They taught me just how foolish it is to calculate any enclosure based on general rule of thumb.

With that being said, there is more that we need to know in order to help you out with this. We need to know the amount of power you plan to use, and desired frequency response.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived