Sonic Electronix

2 15" L7 kicker solobarics

Thanks for helping! I have a sound stream tarantula T1.6000DL class D Mono Amp, 3000 watt RMS-6000 watt PMPO-1 channel. A Hifoncs BXiPRO1.0 crossover and a split 3003 multi Amp connector, and a normal pioneer head unit, with a zero gauge running to the amp. My goals are whatever best results I can get out of whatever box I need to use. I started with a band pass, blow through box and a 12" sound stream-x3122-12" / 5000watt competition x3 series subwoofer. It sounded like straight shit and ended up burning the speaker. Then same amp with 2 15" P3 Rockford fosgate speakers and In a sealed, band pass, blow through box and burnt them also. I'm sick of wasting money so I'm willing to try one more time. So I decided to get 2 15" L7 kicker solobarics with the Hifonics amp and this time I'm going to install it. I completely lost faith in the place I was having install them for me. I really don't know much on how to go with a ported or sealed blow through, or anything. I'm really good with tools I have a full wood workshop and willing to have a good system in my truck.

I had a chevy s-10 pick up where I flush mounted my 15" subs on the back wall and put a box in the bed, it sounded really good and clean. also had 4 12" subs in a fourth order, that sounded better. Just keep in mind, bandpass boxes are very good at masking audible distortion. You could be beating the shit out your sub and sometimes not be able to hear it begging for mercy.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

those subs sound best in a ported enclosure. I would go that route. you an build a ported box that fires through the blow through, just keep in mind to maximize the blow through size otherwise the speaker will act like its a 6th order series bandpass. look that up in google images and you know what I mean, not that, that would be a bad thing but they are really unpredictale and very hard to get right.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived