Setting gains on an AudioControl LC2i

I plan on using the LC2i as a factory integration platform. It has 3 variances of tuning. AccuBass compensation (to alter bass degeneration from the factory head unit once it reaches a particular volume level) and of course gain output settings for main and bass. When using a DD-1, obviously for the main id use the 1k tracks and the bass id use the 40hz tracks. From what ive seen from videos they seem to use the 0db to set gains for headunit/eq/signal processor/ etc. But when it comes to setting gains on the amps they will use the other tracks such as -5db,-10db,-15db for the respective hz required for the particular amp. Why is that? What is the difference?

0db is a non attenuated signal, as you go up in -db the track becomes more quite making the tuning more agressive... when you set with a -5db the music you play will be louder.... if you use a 0db then you will not be as loud if you use a -15db you will blow shit up... most people do not go higher than the custom -7.5db tracks.... I would think you can set up the source with a 0bd to maintain clean signal but amps you set up for more output with minimal clipping.... its ok to clip just a little but too much square wave and you fry things... and this is how I have came to understand this process

Archived