CONNOR65 Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 This being my first time building/designing and using all these programsprograms. Can yall tell me if I'm missing anything or give me any tips on what I'm doing right or wrong. Or anything to make my box better. As stated it will be for a sa 15. Aiming about 32-34hz and about 3.5cubes Thanks for any help in advance.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Looks good to me. Its a pretty straight forward design. I'd suggest adding a brace to the right of the sub opening bracing the top panel and port panel together. Some additional bracing may be beneficial as well, but it depends on how much power you are going to be running. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CONNOR65 Posted January 27, 2016 Author Report Posted January 27, 2016 Can you see the pictures? the computer I'm on isn't showing the but it is on my phone. Ok thanks for the tips on the bracing I'll defiantly think about it. I'll probably also add 45's in the bottom and top corners on the right side of the box. I bought the dual 2 ohm version of the sa 15. I'm planning on wiring it in 4ohms. My amp is rated at 1300w rms @ 4ohms, but im not planning on running it maxxed out. What do yall think for everyday use. Maybe aim for around 6-800w since the sa15 is 600w rms. Or is that underrated for a sa15. Amp: Power Acoustik GT1- 3500D
dangercdv Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 I can see the pics from my computer. I know a people that run 1300 or more rms to the SAs and they take it just fine as long as everything is set correctly. Just be careful at first.
CONNOR65 Posted January 27, 2016 Author Report Posted January 27, 2016 10-4. Will definitely be carefull at first. This will be my first 15" setup, im coming from 2 jl 10w0v3's in a sealed .65 cubes per sub. I am super excited to finish this build. Hoping for a huge step up in deep bass.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 It should be a huge step up. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
dangercdv Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 Yeah I want to see this when its done, I'm sure you will love the SA even if you only ran it with 600rms, but it can handle more, some people say MUCH more, but if your careful with 1300rms and just watch your gain, and set everything up correctly youll be more than happy.
CONNOR65 Posted January 27, 2016 Author Report Posted January 27, 2016 This build is going in my F150. It's going in as a center console box. I basically removing the factory center console and replacing with the sub box. It's gonna be about 6-8" away from the front dash and about 3-4" from the front of the back seat. Sub will be down firing, should I put the port toward the front or back? I'm planning on picking up the wood and getting it cut, maybe partially put together. But I really want this to turn out nice cause its like a center piece in my interior of my truck. Really trying to take my time.What do yall think about covering it. I was most likely going with black carpet. But I want to add something to make it stand out a little. like I was thinking of painting the port like a gloss white. Going to router/flare the port ends as well. Still open for ideas on the design.
dangercdv Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 I would look up builds similar to yours and find the best qualities in them and put together you own how you want it. I like your ideas but its your interior and whatever you thinks looks best is what really matters.
CONNOR65 Posted January 29, 2016 Author Report Posted January 29, 2016 The sub box is actually really close to being done.Tomorrow I'll be painted a little bit for the top design of the box, putting in the cup holders, and carpeting the rest of it. So hopefully it should be done by tomorrow. And hopefully be able to install by Saturday. The sub comes in tomorrow super excited. Here's some progress pics. Thanks again for all the input and tips.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.