Jump to content

Adding pro tweeter


Robert North

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a pair of 6.5's in each door up front. I was thinking of adding a pro tweeter in with each pair of 6.5's in each door. I am using the Pioneer 80prs and using a Punch P6002 to run the front speakers. Would the tweeter over power them? Looking for ideas. Was even thinking of just doing a pro 6.5 and pro tweeter.

Any suggestions would be great.

Posted

I have a pair of 6.5's in each door up front. I was thinking of adding a pro tweeter in with each pair of 6.5's in each door. I am using the Pioneer 80prs and using a Punch P6002 to run the front speakers. Would the tweeter over power them? Looking for ideas. Was even thinking of just doing a pro 6.5 and pro tweeter.

Any suggestions would be great.

It just depends on your goals, situation etc. You'll have to look at the specs and sensitivity carefully, placement too. I'd personally just sell the 6.5's and match a nice set. Some guys strictly stay with same brand/same model through out the system for it to all match in timbre, sensitivity etc, but I'm not that picky. I've had setups with unmatched speakers, amps and had an amazing sounding system, it just depends on how you set it up and install it.

Posted

the overpowering factor is a non factor if you take them active.... all you can really do is try it and then take it active if it overpowers the mids and try the pro tweets in diferent locations until you find the happy spot before making them perminant

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1090 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...