Was just seeing if anyone else had an objection to what size fuse to use. As I have no idea how you figure how many amps are going between the batteries. I don't want to be spending more money if I get too small of a fuse... But, I shall try 150, assuming you have done this before

Ur rear battery is gonna be supporting ur amp, the front battery and alt are gonna charge ur rear battery when it gets discharged. ur current amp is NEVER gonna pull 150 amps or more for use. If it pulls more than 150 amps its because the amp or power wire shorted out. Plus it takes more than fuse ratting to pop a fuse it might take 180 amps or more to pop a 150 amp fuse.

Sorry to hear about ur friend, hope he gets it figured out and what ever he did wrong dont do that lol Look up car audio install fails on google, if ur car looks like any of those installs in the pictures u need to rip it all out and start from the very beginning and rewire everything properly.

You are capable of a quality and correct install, dont compair your work to ur "friends" work. U have vast knowledge right in front of you on this forum. Keep doing research on here and u will get all the help you need :)

Im just trying to help you because ur asking for help you DONT HAVE to do what im saying, its your car but i comment on ur stuff because i dont want u to give up and make a mistake or take a shortcut and end up being a huge head ache :(

Just a little paranoid because my friend's car almost went up in flames due to the power wire clipping somewhere

Also just found another thread saying to use 150, so I probably should have never started this one, oh well

Ur good man no worries, ur sound stream amp is fused @ 175 amps u say so fusing ur power wire at 150 amp is just fine. 25 amp difference is not big deal for daily beaters. And like i said that sound stream wont pull 150 amps for use so dont worry about playing ur subs and worrynur amp is gonna pull so much current it blows ur fuses because it wont.

Lol I was there with him at the time when the fire started, I told him he should have had a fuse on that power wire... But thanks for all the help man, I have no worries doing this myself now :good: Sky High fuses and fuse holders should be on their way tomorrow :D

Archived