Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2010 GMC Denali CrewCab help


Yomalley

Recommended Posts

Posted

Had this truck for about a year now. When I first got it, this stereo shop down the street had a deal of buy one get one subs on Kicker. Carried over a JL 600/1 amp from a previous setup. Picked an Atrend downfire box and 2 12" Comp RT. It sounds good, but I was used to more bass than that. Been wondering if I should 1- get an amp that more suits the subs or 2- go new amp and a regular mount subs. There is .86cu ft per chamber in the box and looking at

RE Audio SCX12v2 (SCX 12 v2)

or

DC Audio Level 2 12D2 (M2LV212D2)

for subs

and

Audiopipe APCL-18001D for the amp to either replace the JL or to coincide with the Kickers that I currently have.

Can a shallow mount be as good as regular mount subs or should I just go ahead and redo it.

Posted

I have used an atrend pre-fab box before. They are tuned high 42hz+ so that may be the issue. I hated mine.

 

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2960 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...