2012 Toyota 4Runner SQ+ build

Oh yeah, for sure!!

Competitions are the only way to really hone in a system in my opinion. Obviously you can get help from others, and equipment etc. But if you can't hear perfection or high quality for yourself, you'll just be shooting in the dark.

I'd highly advise going to a few shows after you tune a little. That's what I did when I had my civic, before I came to the "bass life side of things". LOL.

Good luck. Keep plugging away!

Thank you. My first show is going to be on March 6th. I figure attending shows and getting my butt kicked will be the best way to learn. I just wish there were some shows closer than three hours away.

Ewww, 3 hours huh. That stinks!

I live in West Virginia. I have to travel for pretty much everything. I've grown used to it.

a good bit of tunning with an MS-8????????

please explain

looks good may I suggest fixing the 3 inch speaker mount with like a quarter inch baffle or something that it is not floating in space you want to treat that like a MID

a nice mounting surface and even a tiny encloser if possible... it will help with overall performance

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

how are you liking those components? anything you dont like? i have a coupe friends asking me about them but i have never heard them before. they are interesting as there are not many options for 3-way components.

I couldn't be happier with them. I am looking forward to the 6.5's breaking in so I can get a little more mid bass out of them. Other than that for the price I don't think I could have done any better.

please explain

looks good may I suggest fixing the 3 inch speaker mount with like a quarter inch baffle or something that it is not floating in space you want to treat that like a MID

a nice mounting surface and even a tiny encloser if possible... it will help with overall performance

Great resource here. Alpine knows his shit.

how are you liking those components? anything you dont like? i have a coupe friends asking me about them but i have never heard them before. they are interesting as there are not many options for 3-way components.

I couldn't be happier with them. I am looking forward to the 6.5's breaking in so I can get a little more mid bass out of them. Other than that for the price I don't think I could have done any better.

I have the same set they are awesome for the price like stated earlier Ed Rice has won a championship with this 3 way set

there are some draw backs I am not a huge fan of the Mid-Bass in this set but diffidently gets the job done

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

please explain

I ordered some insulation to place behind the 2.5's and some foam to put around them. Those items should be here before the weekend.

My center is about 6 - 8" from center of the dash. Also my curve needs a lot of work. The MS-8 gets it in the ball park but there is still work to do. I included a picture of the curve that the MS-8 produced. It is far from where I need to be.

Archived