Second Skin Audio

which way to fire subs and port

arcaudioman

Hey guys so I'm currently running 2 15s in the small sealed enclosure on 2500 rms in my honda accord metering a 140. I'm drawing up a ported box design and thinking I want to fire the subs forward toward the front of the car and completely seal it off with foam and what not. I also have a 6" hole in my rear deck to let the bass flow into the cabin of the vehicle. I'm considering doing a 6 or 8 inch Round port up through the rear deck (flush mounted of course) any advice on this would be appreciated. Also this is my commuter so I need room for tools and what not so I need to keep what little trunk I have thanks guys

I'm wanting a good overall frequency range. I really want it to destroy the lower notes, but I want more spl than I'm getting out of this sealed enclosure. Possibly interchangeable ports one at 32 for daily and one at 42 for the meter... or possibly having both in the box with a cap so I can choose which one is being used by simply capping the other port off. I don't want a peaky box though for my daily

Which subs and what amp are you running?

A single 6" port isn't anywhere near enough, a single 8" may still be on the low side.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived